simple machines forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Remember to make your own backup of posts before submitting.

Author Topic: EXIT: It's just work  (Read 1680 times)

Holey Moley

• Website System
  • Administrator
    • MaleView Profile
    • twitter.com/m__7761
look out honey, 'cause I'm using technology
Holey Moley says,
« on: February 12, 2023, 04:11:38 AM »

I'm excited to announce, I got a job, I don't got a paycheck, but one should be around the corner. Anyway, I am trying to pick up the pieces of my work here. I'm going to be focusing on my King's Field II project in my off hours, whenever I can. My life has been in upheaval for a while, and this post is just to set the record straight. Those who've followed me the past few months know things have been crazy, crazy, crazy. Okay, okay. I don't know if I can hit that 2025 deadline, but my plans are to work until 2025 at a minimum. I'm working 30hrs a week. I think I can keep my medicaid this way, since the restaurant I'm working at doesn't have health insurance. And that's about all I can say.

I have done a little bit of work on order-independent transparency, since that is what I was working on when I got blindsided. It's one of the hardest problems I've faced, and it kicked my butt back then. But I'm trying to get back on that horse in the meantime. I want to make my demo more well rounded, and I want to make Sword of Moonlight (here) easier to setup. I'm dedicated. If I'm going to pull this off I have to work harder than I was and sleep less.

Update: I found a solution for order-independent transparency (same day!)

BTW, I figured out (on my own) a solution for the transparency problem. It took some trial and error, but pretty much I've made it to use the closet vertex, and all triangles using that vertex are BSP sorted (without cutting) (using the code I'd already set up for this) and it just kind of works, good enough. I've not seen any problems yet. But I need to do a lot of cleanup and fix a few things that need work.

After that (hopefully in a few days) I'm going to try to make a plain ZIP[1] download for SOM. It's not the recommended way, but a lot of people have begged me to do this for a while. It will have a TortoiseSVN database built into it, but you'll still have to install that if you want to update. I won't be keeping it up-to-date.

[1] Because ZIP isn't good for small files, I may look into other ZIP formats. This may not be easier than just using TortoiseSVN, or I might just use ZIP anyway.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 03:21:08 AM by Holey Moley »
Formerly "Holy Diver" ("Holy") [Holy will be back as soon as I'm back to full form]

Holey Moley has 2726 posts

Holey Moley

• Website System
  • Administrator
    • MaleView Profile
    • twitter.com/m__7761
look out honey, 'cause I'm using technology
Holey Moley says,
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 03:35:41 AM »

I apologize, it's taken me a long time to crank this out. I ran into a couple bugs that were hard to hunt down with my diminished schedule.

You should use SVN Update to get SomEx.csv to apply this kind of update.

Direct download: http://csv.swordofmoonlight.net/SomEx.dll/1.2.4.2.zip (advanced)
Formerly "Holy Diver" ("Holy") [Holy will be back as soon as I'm back to full form]

Holey Moley has 2726 posts