Sword of Moonlight > Devs

EXIT: Say goodbye to dirty windows forever!

<< < (2/2)

Holey Moley:
I've become aware of a bug that is probably in this release around minimizing the windows.

I think it probably creeped in when I fixed what was causing SOM_MAP to behave differently when clicking on the title bar (it would minimize when it wasn't supposed to)

The new problem is after minimized a new window isn't brought up to replace the manually minimized window. It's not a big problem, so I don't know if I want to patch at this stage because I've been doing a lot of work since.

I'm sure I would've noticed this behavior if it had been that way all along. What worked to fix it was to replace the CloseWindow API (it actually iconifies the window) with a WM_SYSCOMMAND+SC_MINIMIZE directive. The documentation for CloseWindow says it "minimizes" the window, but for whatever reason it only does half the job under the present conditions (programming for Windows' GUI is generally a bunch of fiddling around until things just work the way you want)

PS: I want to use this moment to say that I think I've decided to modify the system menus, which can be accessed by clicking the Window icon generally, or right-clicking if there isn't one. I want to add a Minimize option, but also I want to add a Save option to the system menu, since I've decided that the script editor I'm working on won't automatically save when you save from one of the big three tools, but also I don't want to put a big honking Save button on its compact mode screen. I think generally people will just save when they close it in response to the "keep changes?" prompt, but also if they need to save just as a precautionary measure, I don't want it to be necessary to switch out of the compact mode screen.

EDITED/BTW: Another function I'm seriously considering for the System menu is a way to set the title in the window frames. I figure that way no one really has to worry about what to place in that space, or how to differentiate between two copies of the same tool being opened. Leave it to the user in other words.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version