Sword of Moonlight > Devs

EXIT: I hadn't eaten all day.

<< < (2/2)

Holey Moley:
UPDATE/HAPPINESS

There is no longer that "pop" side effect. That was the walking effect tailing off. I think the bug arose from introducing an "idle speed" during which the PC is moving but no longer walking per se.

I may've messed up the walking effect a little bit. I don't know, but at least it isn't popping.

EDITED: This is actually good for SOM in general. Until now I'd imagined the error_allowance setting was basically why there was sometimes a halting stop, but all along it was just the walking effect stopping. Right now it feels a little too loose, but it could well be my imagination. Hopefully I'll have tightened it up before the next release comes around. Not long for now. I think I'm ready to resume work on the NPC shadows.

Holey Moley:
After drilling down further into the walking animation/effect the real culprit turned out to be a "zero divide" that would cause you to appear to be walking sideways when speed was not zero because of drift but the inputs were.

I think I tightened the effect up a bit in other ways. A sore spot for me is how the bob/sway scales with respect to speed. I'm not sure what to do about it, but by default the character seems to have too much swagger for my tastes, but if you lower it for walking it feels like not enough for running. I wish I could think of a plan that instills confidence in me.

This new AA-like technique has made me see video games again for the first time. I'm inclined to work like a demon for some reason. I have to stop myself. But it does fill me with desire to work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version