Sword of Moonlight > Devs

EXIT: Spinning plates!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Holey Moley:
Patch

I broke some of the custom highlighting in SOM_MAIN and SOM_EDIT
s tools when I worked on those inventory tables that this patch addresses.

P.S. I've been having a minor crisis about what to call the Juma-no-Hari item from KF2. I finally settled on "Magic Vessel" for it. And have been updating the English/Default.zip language pack furiously the last so many days. (This is the item that temporarily increases magic power. It's name doesn't translate into English easily. You just have to make something up that feels alright.)

P.P.S. Yesterday I had a bad experience standing at certain points in the Moratheia 2.1 demo. I thought there was a bug in the Brightness settings. But it turned out to be because I'd changed my newer Samsung monitor to Gamma Mode 2 that I never used before, and whatever the heck it does, it can lose its mind, even with a static image. The weirdest thing was when I found the perfect spot where the strobe effect happens, and I took a screenshot, and it was able to reproduce the effect by itself! (It's a shame because I liked Mode 2 as a compromise. I'd been using 3 but it was too dark for Moratheia, so I used 1--or off?--for a long time, but then decided I'd settle on middle ground... but anyway, some new crazy monitor shit to be weary of.)

Holey Moley:
Patch

http://csv.swordofmoonlight.net/SomEx.dll/1.2.2.2.zip

This fixes the grouping outline when SOM_PRM's magics change from offensive to defensive. (I had to do work on these outlines to handle the new equipment tab changes, and there was old code that did a heavy-handed wipe of the background that is no longer necessary and actually making the outline go away. It also streamlines its text replacements with a new technique developed during this release.)

Holey Moley:
Unrelated Patch

I noticed the script editor's brightness slider (on the hue set up screen) was glitched. (It was refreshing the entire desktop, which is what happens if 0 is given to a certain Windows API.) What had happened is it used the same ID as SOM_MAP's new overlay opacity slider, which I guess I failed to isolate.

ALSO I got an idea to make double-clicking the walk/dash/turn speed sliders default to values that I'm trying to make standard (based on human averages) whereas it normally puts a slider in its 0 position (which is sometimes in the middle) and while adding this, I noticed the walk/dash sliders actually have a bug owing to the text boxes and sliders having different ideas about how each other work...

So I had to fix this bug (a blame it on From Software bug) at the same time. It's a small thing, but basically the sliders did not show the right position until they are dragged, and the boxes would get stuck, and oddly, seemed to only move at whole number increments. But it could've been a function of being stuck.

SO all in all a script editor fix, a legacy bug fix, and a new sliders defaults feature. (I think the New Project Ex.ini file actually overrides these sliders, so that they don't appear to change anything. I've worried about this for a while. And wondered if there is anything that can be done. Not that this helps it. It is really just made almost pointless. I also tried out a reset button, but felt it didn't fit into the layout.)

EDITED: For the record, the first version of this patch, about 3 days ago, messes up SOM_MAP's 3D sliders. There's a new download up now. (It assigned the slider position and text box number to the other and vice versa.)

Holey Moley:

Unrelated Patch

This fixes some (apparently) unfinished business from way back when a wraparound feature was added to the item menus, wherein (somehow) I neglected to ensure the that 3D model is refreshed... I remember working on something like this, but I seem to recall it was related to the map items or something like that, and I still have no idea how I didn't notice this being a problem at the time.... it's possible I knocked out some code that's absence made it necessary to do this manually.

ALSO INCLUDED is a fix for the new mapcomp feature, that makes it possible to set the lighting/hiding options on a one-off basis. I did a quick fix to replace these settings when the MAP file is being read, and for some reason it didn't always end up on the right line in the file... and so missed them. I believe it can only be off by 1 line, and so the fix, though I don't quite understand it, should hold together for the time being.

There's also a minor fix for differentiating the title bar when setting up the "dead body" objects in SOM_MAP. Hardly worth mention.

Holey Moley:

:confused:

Yesterday I had a reason to boot up the test computer I use for testing features with Windows XP and Windows 7's Classic Mode...

While I was there I tested some of the features from the last few months.

Lately it's been inconvenient to do tests. I assumed that there would not be issues, but AS IT TURNS OUT there are issues all across the board... basically nothing works properly... it's enough to make me want to cry.

Windows 7 is not even old. And I don't think the problems there are limited to Classic Mode. The player won't even start! And the new MPX compiling features added to SOM_MAP are completely out of order.

It's hard to do tests, because the computer is very underpowered, and ever time I turn it off or reboot it wants to install 100 updates... the main reason I've been avoiding it is I reinstalled everything on it when I got my new workstation, and I've only now seem to have gotten it to dual boot without wiping out the boot-record.

I'm going to have to do a thorough review. So that's going to slow down any plans I had for the coming weeks. It's scary how everything can work on my Windows 10 system, and completely not work on other, older, or weaker systems... usually that's because things shouldn't work, but just happen to. These reviews always turn up good finds. Which is why I continue to support XP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version