Sword of Moonlight > Devs

EXIT: Spinning plates!

<< < (3/3)

Holey Moley:

IMPORTANT PATCH

http://csv.swordofmoonlight.net/SomEx.dll/1.2.2.2.zip

The problem per Reply#9 was SOM_MAP's map number was not 0-terminated, so that it appeared to be junk after the second digit. I didn't notice the problem until now, either because on Windows 10 the buffer was filled with 0s initially, or because I neglected to test it with a SOM file that didn't explicitly provide the map number. Also my shortcuts usually provide map on the command-line.

The reason that the player had failed to work, is it didn't know which map to use... or worse, tried to use a bogus (nonexistent) map file's name.

Windows XP was still exhibiting problems with SOM_PRM and SOM_SYS's inventor lists. I was able to fix the problem, but am sad to report that XP can't really use the new multi-row selection feature. It can kind of use it if you hold down the Control key and blind navigate, pressing Enter to see which cell you are on, however, I'm uncertain where said navigation begins (maybe the top) and obviously it's impractical. (The underlying problem is that XP clears the selection when clicking in the number input columns. It would not be simple to fix, and so being Windows XP, I'm inclined to let it go.)

Holey Moley:
SOM_PRM patch

http://csv.swordofmoonlight.net/SomEx.dll/1.2.2.2.zip

Fixes crash on selecting a separator among the enemy profile selection.

Fixes untranslated attack descriptions. Like the mantis's. (A procedure had been returning the smaller/compressed size of the the translated PRF file, instead of its original/uncompressed size. While working on the new tools I kept thinking that I didn't include the entire PRFs in the data packs... but it was actually this bug the whole time. Thankfully it truly affected one monster ... and I noticed it.)

(edited 2.5hrs later: For the record, the patch is replaced to restore the do_stipple extension.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version