Sword of Moonlight > Devs

EXIT: Back!

<< < (2/2)

Holey Moley:
Patch

http://csv.swordofmoonlight.net/SomEx.dll/1.2.1.12.zip

I'm about to do a new release tomorrow, but I've discovered a few bugs in the last days that I want to fix in this release, since it's only two weeks old.

The next release's feature is not in this build. Some unrelated enhancements are.

I was going to let the bugs slide, but I just found one, where SOM_MAP would refresh saved PRM files without creating placeholders in the unused slots. It looks like I removed the extended processing for refreshed files, but failed to replicate some essential processing, including this.

Some other bugs I can recall, is pressing spacebar in list-box elements was generating two double-clicks, which was disastrous for SOM_MAP's event table and programming screen. This was a side effect of the new search function. Another bug is the search function itself would not load the found item in SOM_PRM. I discovered the former bug while investigating the possibility of other loading issues.

There might be other slight bugs. One I recall from yesterday, is for the knock-back extension, traps stored their 3D position 1 off from NPCs. I should probably double check that their scale factor is right too. I intended to revisit magic missile damage stuff today before going forward with a new release. Something that made me curious about that, is that traps use the same classification. (Which is a problem for the alternative hit mode extension, since it would follow that the Magic variable would be all that stands between the PC and trap damage. Never mind that some indirect attacks--like arrows--are legitimately not magic born, and so will require some further extension work.)

EDITED...

Holey Moley:
EDITED: Reuploaded the patch so that the new _MODE number is not set, and the old default damage formula is used. (Also made it so _MODE can be set to opt to use an older mode/lock-in the mode that the game is designed to use.)

Holey Moley:
Patch Patch

http://csv.swordofmoonlight.net/SomEx.dll/1.2.1.12.zip

Yesterday's patch makes SOM_PRM's save unfinished work prompt overzealous.

1.2.1.14 (unannounced) is also patched. Including making objects that aren't traps default to 0 Strength & Magic instead of 50. Just for looks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version