Sword of Moonlight > Demos

Moratheia

<< < (5/5)

Holey Moley:
I'm working on arm stuff right now and the modeling tools and conversion programs are a lot better lately since I've been having to do modeling work. I figured out why your models were all body parts piled on top of 0,0,0 ... although it saddens me that I think you probably worked with SOM_MAP like that even though I gave you a way to fix it. But now it doesn't have to be fixed, but I haven't published the new tools, since I'm heavily working on them, but I can give you rushes if you were interested.

In the last two days I've been looking at KF2's music/sound stuff mainly so I can get the sound the weapons make. I found out MIDI playback on Windows is pretty much a joke (I really thought MIDI files would be linked to sound bank files) but I had an idea that SOM is already a MIDI player, it just needs to play the samples like regular screeches (sound effects) at the right time. In fact a decade ago I programmed a piano into it to test the sound effects fix I devised, so I'm coming back full circle.

Holey Moley:
I noticed do_sounds is missing from my Moratheia Ex.ini file. I guess I never included it or deleted it. I was a adding a new do_reverb extension when I noticed. Did you ever run into problems with sound dropping out? Unless I recently removed it I've never noticed sound drop out. (My guess is you avoided adding sound sources to make it work without extensions.)

I'm thinking that do_sounds should probably be retired and replaced with a Bugfix extension.

Holey Moley:
I've added a not about fixing trip zones for this old project with the current patch explained here (
http://www.swordofmoonlight.net/bbs2/index.php?topic=330.msg3335#msg3335) and I think I'll upload my Ex.ini file to the OP in case it's any help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version