Sword of Moonlight > Beginner and other Nonsense

Nothing to see here (Unspecified bug, deliberation)

(1/3) > >>

FlameScion:
Administrator note: This thread was created by splitting/merging three separate sets of posts.

Just back from trying the patch and setting the start map with some news:

1) The missing file problem is solved so that's good, it was just that the starting map wasn't selected just as you said.
2) Sadly I'm unable to start the playtest from both the map editor and the main menu. In the map editor after compiling and hitting playtest nothing happens, while from the menu, SOM loads correctly into the game start menu, but then it closes out of nowhere.

At first I thought that the same ATI error was happening as before, but after reading the log (which will be attached) a loop of various "som_game_ReadFile()" and "som_game_CloseHandle()" related to a model file called "o237.mdo" is the last thing that happens before SOM closes itself.

Holey Moley:
Sorry, please try again, I just got a problem too, because empty monster placeholders on maps return a positive result in the loader even though their data is blank, so some new code crashes when it tries to access the model instance and nothing is there :frown:

I was about to edit in a notice, you got here before I could but at least I noticed before heading to bed :redface:

FlameScion:
Don't worry about it, I think I'll keep with this tomorrow as well since it's weird because the map has basically nothing (no npc's, objects, monsters, etc) and still doesn't work (even with projects that are started from scratch).

Just in case I'll try to get a clean install and then apply the latest patch to see if it helps in anything.

Holey Moley:
Please don't do a "clean install" for Christ's sake. If you have a problem that's not a way to solve it (and it won't) but we need to figure out what your problem is, to improve SOM, so please make a new thread/topic if we can't fix it in one or two posts here :eek:

EDITED: If you're using SOM at this time you're going to have to think of yourself as a beta tester and follow through with anything you can turn up. You're not allowed to be a passive, griping user. You should make a topic/thread and upload a copy of your project. It will behave the same on my machine, then I can quickly address any problem you have. (Also in case you didn't my reply to your PM please make use of this http://www.swordofmoonlight.net/bbs2/index.php?topic=179.0 topic/thread if you prefer.)

FlameScion:
A quick summary:
I tried to start a new project with SOM a few days ago, and everything seemed to be working correctly until I tried to use the playtest function. in the map editor, after compiling and hitting playtest, nothing happened, while on the main menu, the start menu worked correctly but when it was supposed to start, it crashed a missing file error about a map.

After going into System Management -> Extras and setting the entrance map, the missing file error was solved, but still the playtest wouldn't start, closing the program a few seconds after starting the game.

Just in case I'll send a copy of my project in case anyone is interested and can see if it works correctly for them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version