Sword of Moonlight > Beginner and other Nonsense

atipblag.dat (ATI/AMD drivers misbehavior)

<< < (6/6)

Holey Moley:
Hey if you're still reading this I broke something (http://www.swordofmoonlight.net/bbs2/index.php?topic=316.msg3039#msg3039) when I hastily uploaded those patches the other day. It's about rotating with SOM_MAP. (Edited: Although the view is incorrect in the game, not SOM_MAP.)

Holey Moley:
I don't see shadows on your screenshot. Since you seem to have an older GPU (I hope) how do the shadows (round blobs underfoot) look for you? I ask because it's been suggested to me sometimes they don't look right. (I think it may have something to do with how some GPUs implement ddx/ddy instructions.)

FlameScion:
I'd say they look okay. My PC may be a potato but the shadows seem to be generated correctly

Holey Moley:
You've still not turned off do_stipple in your screenshots!! :Nemo_death:

(Games shouldn't turn on do_stipple. I should've disabled it a long time ago. It can help with aliasing and filter biasing, and alpha blending on things like grass, but it looks awful on displays with large pixels and televisions. If you can see pixels with your naked eye it looks worse than it helps.)

Edited: Also, in case you haven't noticed, the shadows now fit to irregular surfaces (like the grass mounds or ledges) in case you have past memories of having to turn them off.

Flying monsters tend to have their shadows permanently disabled, but I'm going to edit their PRF files to change that at some point. It does make sense to force off the wall monster's shadow (stoneface) I suppose.

Edited: BTW in your earlier screenshot, you can use the layer system to build a seamless transition from the exterior/castle set into an interior set. Just put them on different layers, and use the ramparts, etc. to build a canopy over the entrance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version