Sword of Moonlight > Beginner and other Nonsense

Re: Papercraft

(1/4) > >>

HollowFang:
I've tried to pm you but it well not let me .
I'm trying to rip the 3d models from any of the games to make them into papercraft models. Do you know how to rip them so I can import into a 3d editor?

Holey Moley:
I hope you don't mind I moved your post to its own topic. I replied to your PM(s) I think there may be something wrong with the page reloading after sending the PM I need to investigate.

You said you wanted OBJ format. Do you want textures? Or animation?

You can use this (https://github.com/mick-p1982/mm3d/releases/tag/win32-demo2c) program I'm developing to save a pose as OBJ. If it doesn't work let me know.

(EDITED: Previously the link was win32-demo2b.)

I can give you a copy of an x2mm3d.exe program I use to convert TMD and Sword of Moonlight files to its native format, but TMD files won't have texture maps or any textures. You can find programs for getting TMD models off PlayStation discs.

For SOM models you can run them through x2mm3d.exe to make an MM3D file and animate them. I'm in the process of converting King's Field II models to SOM's animation format. At this stage the models aren't very polished.

HollowFang:
Neeto. So what animation process are you using? is it based on keyframing the animation? or direct bone movement recording? did you have to make your own skeleton for each model or have you been able to convert and maintain it? how are you gonna handle multi level maps such as seen in termite mines?
and yes to the textures and models as well as the x2mm3d and its fine if there not polished i just need the shape and textures i can fix as i go and if there animated great if not o well LOL.
what do you use for ripping the tmd from the discs ? idk of any that are still being hosted.
and last time i did have one it did not find and models at all on disc.

HollowFang:
instead of just .obj i can use .blend or .max as well

Holey Moley:
Verdite (Moratheia) told me via email they would give you a collection of models they had for one of the games. I think King's Field II. Sometimes the PlayStation games use slightly modified versions of the TMD files, but a lot of it is plain TMD. I just can't offer you advice because I've never used the TMD ripping programs myself, but I know many do so it can't be so difficult. For the games I'm interested in I go into the game data and work it out myself so I'm sure that nothing is missed, but the TMD signature is pretty reliable. You might get some bad rips but I don't think it would miss anything.

--- Quote ---how are you gonna handle multi level maps such as seen in termite mines?
--- End quote ---

That was the very first thing I worked on. I wouldn't be surprised if that was 2yrs ago. But anyway every map in King's Field II has two levels. You can see it in my itch.io demo.

BLEND and MAX files are more or less proprietary formats. I don't know if anything outputs those formats, anyway they're not exchange formats. I'm glad you replied, I was beginning to wonder, but I don't know what I can help you other than what I've said about you're free to use any of the models from SOM or from my KF2 project. You're probably not interested in SOM's models since they're not so iconic.

Anyway, I haven't published the x2mm3d (x2mdl) program I mentioned. I actually was still finding bugs like recently when I worked on making the flying monsters fly. I don't mind uploading it. I'm going to update the MM3D program in the next few days with a new feature I'm working on that combines the two kind of animations you talked about. As for animation I only mentioned it since you can look at the animations and export your models in whatever poses you can find among them to make them appear alive. Sometimes the base model is not in a natural pose.

P.S. Please Capitalize your sentences when you post here. That's actually a rule of this forum. I wouldn't ban anyone for having a personality but writing legible posts is very important to the very idea of a forum :cop:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version