simple machines forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Remember to make your own backup of posts before submitting.

Author Topic: STICKY: PlayStation VR how-to  (Read 1431 times)

Holy Diver

• Website System
  • Administrator
    • MaleView Profile
    • About/Support Me/Sword of Moonlight
look out honey, 'cause I'm using technology
Holy Diver says,
« on: June 14, 2018, 02:29:22 PM »

Download-> http://www.swordofmoonlight.net/holy/PSVR.zip

There is a SWORD-OF-MOONLIGHT.txt file in this ZIP archive, that has further instructions.

1.2.2.5 is the first version of SomEx.dll that has a free-look demonstration. It is an odd-numbered release, which means it is a demo only. The previous release has split-screen, but does not follow the SIXAXIS style movement of the headset.

Camera tracking is in the works. Tracker files or download links will be added after something is figured out.

As VR improves I'm going to try to better integrate it into SOM. My thinking of the moment is the auxiliary components will be built into a new "configurator" named after the Exselector weapon from King's Field III.

There is a new [Stereo] section that is not documented. It can set PSVRToolbox_status_port to match the port setting used by the PSVRToolbox software. (The UDP setting needs to be enabled, but I think it will be because I included my settings file in the ZIP.) PSVRToolbox_command_port also exists, but this is hardwired into the software, so unless you build it yourself, you must use 14598 for this.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 04:47:23 PM by Holy Diver »

Holy Diver has 2215 posts

Holy Diver

• Website System
  • Administrator
    • MaleView Profile
Holy Diver says,
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 04:51:29 PM »

For the record, as of today I'm not experiencing sickness (got everything ironed out it seems... it's not that I've acquired some kind of endurance... quite the opposite in fact) in any form, in at least some scenarios. Time will tell if different in-game settings or activities engender sickness more than others.

Also, a camera doesn't appear to be necessary, since as of today it looks like "drift" is eliminated from the system, almost entirely. In functional terms it's more like bad luck, if you ever experience drift. The only down side of this is the home-theater mode (built into the PSVR's box) does drift significantly, but it might be a thing of the past as well, if sickness is no longer an issue, although I feel like it has its charms, as a VR/theater hybrid.

Holy Diver

• Website System
  • Administrator
    • MaleView Profile
Holy Diver says,
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 12:33:05 AM »

In the latest patch the IPD setting can be adjusted with the PSVR's control pad. It ignores the volume functions, because you can't use it's sound anyway, and to be honest, the headphones that came with mine sound awful.

The mute function recenters, which can alternatively be done by pausing/unpausing the game. I believe the IPD setting, if correct, will create an optical illusion when looking at the menu screens, especially the Inventory screen because it has two parallel frames running right down the middle... however it depends on the textures of the menu borders. The one that looks like two gray pipes works well for this.

If this theory is correct, my IPD setting is 10. Which is around what I've been using. It can be very difficult to say if you have the right setting or not.

P.S. Most current info about VR developments tends to be in this (http://www.swordofmoonlight.net/bbs2/index.php?topic=268.0) release thread, since I've been announcing demos/patches there, as is custom.