simple machines forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Remember to make your own backup of posts before submitting.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Regarding Posting Sensibilities  (Read 12187 times)

Holey Moley

• Website System
  • Administrator
    • MaleView Profile
    • twitter.com/m__7761
look out honey, 'cause I'm using technology
Holey Moley says,
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 01:53:30 AM »

Q: Why does Holy Diver not interact with swordofmoonlight.com?
 A: Because I have been banned on numerous occasions for pathetically petty reasons, and currently am not even able to send or receive Private Messages. The membership is for the most part not helpful or interested in Sword of Moonlight regardless. Go firgure.
You are a liar. You have narcissism. One of the symptoms of narcissism is "needing to vilify anyone who disagrees with you". And the lies/half-truths you use to make your point are the classic tools narcissists use.

The "numerous occasions" = two temporary bans over many years. The "petty reasons" = repeated derogatory remarks against other members or their work, repeated argumentative and contradictory posts, all while ignoring multiple warnings to stop.

I'm tempted to go back and pull out all the rude and cruel things you've posted about people through the years, but in traditional narcissist style, you are mostly immune to reality so what is the point?

You were banned  from "sending or receiving Private Messages" because after the initial 30 day ban from posting (could still log in send messages etc), you saw the need to derisively change your custom title (which shows on all your posts) to all capitals "ACCOUNT DELETED" (even though it wasn't deleted at all). This abuse of the custom-title system to bypass the posting ban and get one last catty message displayed on your posts is just an extension of why you were banned in the first place. You have an overwhelming drive to demean others in order to prove your own martyrdom and superiority.

Even though I think it's disgusting that you put something so misleading and childish in your FAQ, I'm not posting this to "get even". I actually hope something I say might stick in your brain and start your mind working down a different path. You're still a relatively young man, but I've known a couple older narcissists- their lives don't go well. They ended up alone in a fictional reality and bitter at everyone around them as being "unworthy" of their company.

I think narcissism is largely triggered by environment during upbringing- legalistic, emotionally unavailable fathers and excessively pampering, enabling mothers. But like most "baggage" from childhood, it can be outgrown. The problem is, narcissist have trouble understanding that there's a problem in the first place. I can say with fair confidence, that the people on som.com are some of the best you are likely to ever meet. If all you can do is regard such people as useless and ignorant, then you're not likely to ever find anyone who meets your standards.

Try exercising your "goodness" muscles. Every day, do some random charitable act that returns absolutely no benefit to yourself. And no, you don't already do that.

A) That refers to the first time(s) I was banned. According to dmpdesign because I made others feel inadequate. His metaphor was a grownup entering into a kids science fair. Or at least before dmpdesign begged for absolution. Reply #3.

B) "Pathetically petty reasons" doesn't vilify anyone. Some bans are deserved. Most are not. But you are right about projecting paranoia of being undermined or whatever. You just have your finger pointed in the wrong direction.

I deleted my account. There wasn't an option to do so. So I changed it to ACCOUNT DELETED in large letters so anyone expecting me to reply would hopefully see that. It's the best I could do under the circumstances. Deleted as in permanently gone (edited: besides I only posted because dmpdesign asked me too)

C) You opened by "You are a liar." and then go straight to accusations of "vilification". I don't know how to communicate how that looks. You are practically foaming at the mouth. I just don't want any trouble. Period. I never have. I've never made any. And I don't lie. Ever. And I don't appreciate mean spirited slander. Facts are facts. If a cold hard fact makes you feel like a villain, that's life. It's nobody's fault except maybe your own.

PS: I am sorry you feel the need, or feel it is somehow acceptable, to throw around so many emotionally charged allegations. I don't know what you expect in terms of a response. To be blunt. Just because you think something, something pops into your head, doesn't make it so. A healthy sense of doubt can save a lot of people a lot of trouble.

Unless someone was being hostile I've never had a derogatory remark for anyone. Much less vilified anyone. If you ban someone on very petty grounds I don't know what you expect. If you banned someone else I would've deleted my account just the same. It's chilling misbehavior. It's bad behavior. But more than anything else it's problematic. Case in point...

It's not just the dust you leave in your wake. It's the relationships you interfere with. It's the consequences of short and destructive unhelpful impulses.

EDITED: I think my track record of hard work and only helping others speaks for itself. There are always going to be mental people, people with inferiority complexes, paranoid dispositions, runaway imaginations. Who will irresponsibly draw any conclusion just to suit themselves. You can't do anything about that. You are just one person. On a great big planet. Not everything to everyone. Certainly not omnipotent. Stay out of people's hair. Help. Help as much as you can. And when things get ugly. As they always do in the real world. Slowly back away. And get the **** out of there. Peace.

EDITED: Also. If you think you are so perfect. And perfectly normal. Just look at the United States congress. I hate to break it to you. But messed up is normal behavior. And there is a lot of contention out there in the world. That's no excuse to be uncivil though. Especially when no one is causing any trouble. Except for themselves. People are always causing trouble for themselves. And wanting to blame everyone else at that. Go figure. It is what it is.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:21:14 AM by Holy Diver »
Formerly "Holy Diver" ("Holy") [Holy will be back as soon as I'm back to full form]

Holey Moley has 2726 posts
Pages: 1 [2]