simple machines forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Remember to make your own backup of posts before submitting.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The elusive/illusive ones (Seath & Guyra?)  (Read 18065 times)

Holey Moley

• Website System
  • Administrator
    • MaleView Profile
    • twitter.com/m__7761
look out honey, 'cause I'm using technology
Holey Moley says,
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2017, 09:36:36 AM »

I'm pulling the (illegal) Critchley Book link because it's at 134 downloads or so. I think that might account for the new most people online concurrently stat from back in November. 149. Sorry.

It's possible it just got that way from bots scraping the pages over time, but I think I checked it somewhat recently and it was still relatively low, hits wise. (I only wanted to share it with people not interested in David Bowie per se, who would not otherwise purchase/seek out the book. It seems like some David Bowie site or chat room might have found it/linked to it or something.)

EDITED: I hope search-engine didn't include the PDF itself (by title) in its search results. If so I'd be supremely embarrassed. That possibility only just occurred to me. Crazy Internet today. BTW: The file was named Book.PDF. In hindsight at the very least I should have renamed it to remove the PDF. You live you learn.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 10:06:09 PM by Holy Diver »
Formerly "Holy Diver" ("Holy") [Holy will be back as soon as I'm back to full form]

Holey Moley has 2726 posts

Holey Moley

• Website System
  • Administrator
    • MaleView Profile
    • twitter.com/m__7761
Holey Moley says,
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2020, 11:06:10 PM »

The more I think about it the more I think this (https://www.reddit.com/r/Jung/comments/au45pp/this_is_the_first_mandala_i_constructed_in_the/) seems like the starting point for King's Field's mythology.

Seath and Guyra are represented in multiple ways here, most relevant to this old thread/topic is the winged mouse and snake creatures that look like the dragons called Science and Art. Those both fit neatly into the scheme laid out here. I call it truth and art but also think of science as the search (perhaps in vain) for truth in the world, and art is artifice, although ironic in a way more true than truth itself.

The creature on the very bottom is Jung's more or less godhead called Abraxas that is normally rendered with two twin serpents for legs and a rooster's head with woman's breasts.

Jung's rendering is more abstruse but I think it's basically a sun attached to a tail. I think the sun is symbolically the same as the rooster. (The rooster's cock-a-doodle-doo.)

The menorah has a similar analogue in King's Field II's game art in the form of a model (3D graphic) that I have not yet placed in the game. I don't remember it but it would not surprise me if it's somewhere in the game either.

There is a red potion that's not in the game that I'm certain is the Magnum Opus from alchemy which was another obsession of Jung's late in life. The potions each represent one of the stages of that.

The main character Alef/Aleph I learned last week is the Hebrew letter assigned to the central column of the sefirot that is also called the tree of life, like the tree from the image signed Vita. That is the "dragon tree".

The prominent earth god (Valad) is like Abraxas and I believe they are associated with the Yetzirah world from the sefirot that includes several sefirah unlike the other worlds that include only one apiece. I think that world is the setting of King's Field.

The Moses like boy at the top in Jung's diagram is signed Phanes that is a hermaphrodite deity like Abraxas. Jung says they are mirror images of each other like Seath and Guyra are mirror images (one or the other is called the shadow of the two.)

There are five worlds like Yetzirah for five elements. The fifth is actually our world. I think that's the nature of the holy/fifth element.

The two bug creatures that sit near the tree I think could be understood as the monsters and the heroes themselves. To Jung the larva creature represented the soul (supposedly he drew the thing automatically but seems to have later in life developed definite ideas about it) which is how I think of the heroes personally. He called it rebirth. The god Phanes did rebirth but I think that means principally reincarnation. In King's Field you're incarnated as a hero.

The final world and sefirah is ours. The Hebrew word for this sefirah means Kingship. The word for the world I believe means Action (Asiyah). I strongly suspect the name King's Field is derived from this. For some reason Wikipedia describes it thus:

Malkuth - "Kingship": Exaltedness/Humility. All the other Sefirot flow into Malkuth (like the moon which has no light of its own), and it is the final revelation of the Divine; the receiver and the giver

It doesn't provide a source for that. It's a bit too poetic for the likes of Wikipedia but I wonder where the parenthetical bit comes from because it seems like it could be inspiration for the Moonlight Sword.

Everything fits together too snugly. My sense is whoever is responsible for these elements was inspired by this episode from Jung's life. It's one of the few things of this nature that was published in his lifetime in the earlier part of the 20th century. I think it's more than a coincidence. Although it could be coincidence too.

The reason I'm writing this here is it reinforces my instincts about Gurya and Seath that I tried to catalogue here over the years. I've long had a hold of many of these threads, but it's taken me a while to see them as a complete picture. I think I wasn't expecting to find a Rosetta Stone like relationship.

Also of interest, I believe the trees in the villas in King's Field II are deliberately designed to match the sefirot diagram. Also the fire magi's name is a Hebew honorific that means "righteous one". It can be used to refer to a messiah. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzadik#Tzaddik_of_the_Generation matches the prophecy of Orladin (KF) and the messiah is related to Yesod that is the final sefirah before Malkuth. This kind of messiah can fail to rise to the occasion like Tzedek did. Lyle (KF) seems to take up that mantle in a new generation in King's Field III since they seem to pick up from Orladin and his disciple Ru-A-Isirius (or was it the other way around?) The purpose is to lay the foundation for Malkuth's world in the primeval world (Yetzirah) that precedes it.

It all sounds far-fetched but I'm actually pretty certain this is all correct.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:51:21 PM by Holy Diver »
Formerly "Holy Diver" ("Holy") [Holy will be back as soon as I'm back to full form]

Holey Moley

• Website System
  • Administrator
    • MaleView Profile
    • twitter.com/m__7761
Holey Moley says,
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2020, 03:49:56 PM »

I found Carl Jung's depiction of "Abraxas" from here on Harold Bloom's Wikipedia page of all places???
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lion-faced_deity.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Bloom

FWIW it's a classical depiction of the Gnostic demiurge. A lion's head. I think the beast of Revelations has a lion's head too, but they're called a dragon also. The image on Bloom's page (why?) says "A lion-faced deity associated with Gnosticism. Bloom frequently referred to Gnosticism when speaking about general and personal religious matters." and the Spanish notes on the file's description leads with "Abraxas" but not Carl Jung, weirdly enough.

Anyway, it's a damn weird looking thing isn't it???

Pages: 1 [2]