Sword of Moonlight > Projects, demos, and games Information

Walking animations and sound defects

<< < (3/3)

Holey Moley:
Off-topic: I actually DID end up working on the SOM_MAP features I wanted to include in the imminent release. I just woke up feeling like there wasn't enough on the plate to even call it a micro-release. Briefly I suggested I'd do otherwise in the previous post.

I nearly drove myself to the brink of madness too. The drag detection support (to replace Window's DragDetect API; with something that supports the right mouse button and a specifiable timeout period) had poor response times with the obvious approach that made right-clicking tiles to turn them unacceptably clunky/hit-and-miss. And once I got into dragging the map with the right mouse button (as with the other visual editors) I nearly lost my mind, as I've come to suspect that the scrollbars are using the size of the font instead of the 20x20 icon size for scroll units. It took me an entire afternoon to wrestle against this thinking I was doing it all wrong, and then to convince myself otherwise/determine by trial and error the closest common factor of the two.

I am going to write up a blog post. This is just good news until I can get everything in order, and I'd mentioned this here already. It's very disorderly but in a weird way it's more so than the alternatives :updown:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version