Sword of Moonlight > Beginner and other Nonsense

Nothing to see here (Unspecified bug, deliberation)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Holey Moley:
Okay, I tried to access your Google drive with an old Gmail account, it's pending your approval. How big would your project be zipped? Usually a ZIP is very small if you're using public files.

It doesn't sound like you've neglected to set your start position in SOM_MAP. I'm assuming you downloaded the patch again last night after I replied about the problem I spotted? So I will just wait for your Google drive approval.

P.S. Please don't be dismayed. Kinks will get ironed out. Please when you copy over a "patch" backup your existing SomEx.dll file in case it doesn't work. I can't tell in this case if your project is the problem or the patch. (I will know after I get your files.)

EDITED: About your logs.zip attachment yesterday (http://www.swordofmoonlight.net/bbs2/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=316.0;attach=1418) for me when I open it there's nothing inside. I was wondering myself if your getting the Shader Model 3 mode or Shader Model 2. It's probably 3, and I don't think it's related to this problem, but I was just curious and the logs would've told me which. (2 is substandard, some effects can't be implemented.)

FlameScion:
Sorry, I wasn't able to spend much time at home yesterday do I missed this. I gave yoj access to the Google Drive since I uploaded the whole project just in case (it's arround a 100mb ZIP file) so I'm not sure I could send it.

Yes, I downloaded the patch once more after you replied and still nothing happened, just to be safe I downloaded it once more and still no changes.

I try to maintain an "archive" of sorts for all the SomEx.dll I used and backed up for a while. As for the logs, db.log shows that the Shader Model is 3, and I also tried to set different start coordinates in the map.

Holey Moley:
Today I still don't have access to your Google Drive, but 100mb sounds very odd to me. A new project on my system is 1.2MB unzipped. Find out what files are big and remove them, since they can't be essential.

EDITED: I made this into its on topic since it's 8 posts long and seems likely to grow, and we're not getting anywhere. I hope you didn't have trouble finding it.

P.S. I'm going into town today, including a dentist appointment, so I won't be back until 24hrs. It's pretty rare I get out of the house :crying:

FlameScion:
Oh you were right, I forgot to take off the BGM i was using as placeholder lol. Ok now I can send it through here.

Thankfully I was able to find this post quite easily from the "Latest replies"

Holey Moley:
I might be able to look at this later before bed, but before I forget, you can use a MP3 file now for your BGM (maybe other formats) that should be smaller than 100MB. But it's decompressed into a temporary file at runtime and if the game crashes Windows isn't smart enough to clean up after itself. That file may be 100MB. (Technically the temporary file may be a memory file, but I always find them in my TEMP folder from when I manually terminate in the debugger.)

EDITED: That gives me an idea to add some code where the crash generates a dump (DMP) file, maybe it can also delete temporary files too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version