simple machines forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Remember to make your own backup of posts before submitting.

Author Topic: EXIT: Long time no see!  (Read 14 times)

Holey Moley

• Website System
  • Administrator
    • MaleView Profile
    • twitter.com/m__7761
look out honey, 'cause I'm using technology
Holey Moley says,
« on: Yesterday at 05:19:34 PM »

Schizophrenia has been making everything in my life twice as hard for about 1.5 years now. I’m sorry to apologize for my infrequent blog posts ever since this condition entered/interrupted my (old) life.

I want to make this a statement, but I’m still trying to make progress on Sword of Moonlight. I’m writing to formally announce there’s a new SomEx “release” available/uploaded. It’s focused on variable speed animation, enabling playback on monitors with higher than 60hz frame rates. The first-person arm animations are now timed according to the power gauges. There’s also a patch that adds multi undo and redo to SOM_MAP.

My schizophrenia is telling me I should try to explain how it affects my life. I or “we” live with constant talking “voices” that are like psychic communications, and mine are dialogues, where I’m able to interrupt them, and they’re able to understand what I’m thinking about what they’re saying, and adjust their “dialogue” accordingly. I have experienced audiovisual hallucinations, but they are infrequent. We are depressed to some degree most of the time. I’m taking a small dosage of “prozac” and several drugs in total. I’m not experiencing behavioral problems. I’m trying to remain stress free for my health and longevity. I’m lying down as I need to. I’m mostly getting up to do things when I reach a point of feeling disgusted with myself, my inactivity rather prompts me to get up and do something, and lie back down. My finances and independence are helped by SSI in the US. I will be receiving a full amount of assistance beginning on August 1. In light of all of this you can still support me and Sword of Moonlight on my Patreon. I’m not really a low-energy person now, however my lifestyle is touch and go, and probably less productive. I’ve enjoyed talking to my voices, because I like to talk, and I find most people don’t want to talk. I’m always looking for a silver lining. They’re currently excited that we’re going to my cousin’s wedding tomorrow. They want everyone to know that! (They think my blog posts here aren’t personable enough!!)

So PLEASE check out SOM and try out the map editor with full undo/redo. It also draws more smooth now too!

More: swordofmoonlight.itch.io/k/devlog/725225/variable-frame-rate-animation

http://csv.swordofmoonlight.net/SomEx.dll/1.2.5.6.zip is the current release file.

It's also available at http://www.swordofmoonlight.net/main/single-file-download/

Language packs are needed to get the Redo button to appear. Ctrl+Y or Ctrl+Shift+Z works to redo with or without this new button. The Delete button is removed. And in SOM_PRM the Record and Remove buttons are removed to match. The Cut buttons can still be used, and your Del key should still work.

BTW, if anybody would like to join this forum, the current process is to signup for the main site and go to (or join) the r/SwordOfMoonlight Discord at https://discord.gg/x782kpHQ7E and ask for me there (m. is my name there) to okay your new user account. This is on account email is no longer working from this website, so it can't email your password to you. These instructions are part of the signup form. I've been thinking about trying to add Google login integration, if/when interest grows.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:26:15 PM by Holey Moley »
Formerly "Holy Diver" ("Holy") [Holy will be back as soon as I'm back to full form]

Holey Moley has 2727 posts