Sword of Moonlight > Beginner and other Nonsense

Re: Papercraft

<< < (2/4) > >>

Holey Moley:
FYI http://www.swordofmoonlight.net/bbs2/index.php?topic=319.0 is where I will put the x2mm3d program ASAP. It's about time to publish anyway, so I hope you don't mind waiting with everyone else (there's no one else, maybe Verdite will download it. No one else uses SOM!!)

EDITED: Maybe it's a small consolation but if you download the mm3d (mm3d-portable.exe) program there's a "headeater" folder with a pretty decent facsimile of the headeater monster inside. You can convert it to an OBJ file with the same program.

P.S. I kind of like the very low-poly "Papercraft" models, but I want them to be probably heavier and more seamless and solid than they really are, like sculptures. I wonder if anyone reinforces them and fills in the seams?

HollowFang:
 "kind of like the very low-poly "Papercraft" models, but I want them to be probably heavier and more seamless and solid than they really are, like sculptures. I wonder if anyone reinforces them and fills in the seams?"

Yes most use color pencils for the seams. using heavy card stock like i do they are quite rugged and solid! :thumbsup:

HollowFang:
I assume what this the holidays you have been busy.
What was the plan for the models?

Holey Moley:
When you post images here not related to Sword of Moonlight I would appreciate if you try to make them links instead of attachments.

--- Quote ---I assume what this the holidays you have been busy.
What was the plan for the models?
--- End quote ---

I gave you clear instructions. Please read my posts again. Unless Verdite contacts you with their models (you just have to wait) you won't be getting anything handed to you on a silver platter. I recommend trying to do the headeater model like I already described. If you have success you can wait until I publish my x2mm3d tool later this week.

Holey Moley:
EDITED: At https://github.com/mick-p1982/mm3d/releases/tag/win32-demo2c I just updated the download to make sure the OBJ export retains the animation pose, and I added an option to copy the animated pose to the clipboard (although it's a little tricky to use because you have to check the Animation->Clipboard Mode checkbox because in animation mode copy/paste otherwise works in keyframes instead.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version